Two weeks for making games, meeting new friends, and lots of fun, all for free!Sign Up Now!
2019 Summer Queer Youth Tech Camps
2019 Summer LGBT+ Youth Tech Camps:
- San Francisco/Oakland, CA - June 17-28, 2019
- Austin, TX - July 8-19, 2019
- Chicago, IL - July 29-Aug. 2, 2019
- New York City, NY - Aug 12-23, 2019
All campers will build a video game together. They'll apply their talents in writing/storytelling, artistry and code using a simple text based game developer tool to create a visual novel game entirely their own. Maven Summer Tech Camp welcomes all level of talents. This opportunity provides campers the ability to meet LGBT+ Tech professionals who build games, apps and create animation.
We partner with local LGBT+ youth serving organizations and LGBT+ tech professionals to provide free 1-2 week tech camps for LGBT+ youth between the ages of 14-19.
LGBT+ Youth Tech Camps transform the tech sector through consciousness raising and collaborative partnerships. Through them, we are able to connect LGBT+ nonprofits with tech industry resources and volunteers, which helps to increase the visibility of the LGBT+ community in technology. Most importantly though, our Youth Tech Camps expose LGBT+ youth to a career pipeline into the tech sector
This free summer camp/summit includes:
- Breakfast, lunch, and TONS of snacks!
- Tour of tech companies
- LGBT+ tech professionals Mentors
- Training in coding/programming and game creation
- Social justice and diversity in technology awareness
- Team building and networking
- Prizes and Gift Bags